Sunday, March 15, 2015

Its getting closer

The closer the Stagecoach 400 gets, the more I realize just how UN-prepared I am for this huge event.

Sure, I have the gear, the bike, and good legs, But the logistics are rolling around my head like broken marbles.

What to take, back pack or no back pack, Bivy or Tarp,  how much food,  does my sleeping bag go in my seat pack or my bar roll.    Its keeping me up at night.

The good news is that my bike finally arrived. Last week my Kokopelli Warthog frame showed up at the delivery door.  After being "temporarily misplaced" by the shipping company, I was beginning to wonder if id ever see it at all.

The bike should be ideal for the sandy sections of the race, with its big 29+ Maxxis Chronicle tires, and massive inertia and rollover,  its a good choice for the hard pack too.   I just hope I don't weigh it down too much with all my crap.

Less Than Two Weeks To Go.

The race Que sheet is 4, double sided pages with key food and water stops, turn indications, and warnings.  Going into this completely alone is a little scary.  My hope is to hook up with some riders near my ability and make some new friends and have a great time.  What I have to mentally prepair for, is I may have to COMPLETELY go it alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment